Product: Stardew Valley Download Version
Purchase Here: Amazon UK
Media: Software Download
PEGI: 7 Years Plus
Note: After purchase, this item is stored and can be downloaded again from your games library
My Rating: 5 out of 5
What Is Stardew Valley
It is the land that has been handed down to you from your Grandfather in the form of a letter on his deathbed. With the instructions that you’re not to open until you ‘feel crushed by the burden of modern life.’ Skip forward an unknown number of years, we see our character sitting in an office cubical of sorts, inevitably reaching a point in life that his Grandfather clearly knew was coming in all his wisdom.
With this, you arrive in Stardew Valley and are ready to do, well, whatever you darn well please! Yet for those that wish to stick to the script, you need to use the hand-me-down tools also left by your Grandfather to turn the now heavily overgrown fields into a thriving, bustling home.
Though if you thought the work was hard, then things are only set to get ever-more challenging, as you soon discover that the old ways of farm life are dwindling, thanks to the arrival of your now fiercest competition… Joja Corporation!
Even the town’s community centre, once the go-to place for everyone’s community activities lies in tatters, seemingly given up on by the inhabitants until a new hope arrives to shake things up. Have you got what it takes to do your Grandfather proud and restore this once optimistic culture to its former glory?
- Customize: There are hundreds of character & home decoration options to choose from, let your imagination run wild.
- Become a part of the community: Pelican Town is home to over 30 residents you can meet, greet and befriend.
- Meet someone special: With 12 different townsfolk to date, you may find someone to start a family with, aw now wouldn’t that be nice.
- Learn to live off the land: Raise animals, tend to your crops, craft a multitude of items, catch fish for dinner or do all the above. The choice really is yours but remember, whatever you decide, you only get out what you’re willing to put in.
- Create the ideal farm: Turn your heavily overgrown fields into a hustling, bustling farm, full of life, love and lots of potential.
- Even explore a vast cave system: Encountering dangerous monsters and priceless treasures deep beneath the earth underground.
- Cook delicious meals: With over 100 cooking and crafting recipes, some that even give you temporary boosts to running and combat skills.
- Craft useful objects: Like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive Crystalarium.
Now Available on Nintendo Switch
If you can’t get enough of these community-building, fun-filled adventures and want to add to your Nintendo Switch collection, then Stardew Valley is available to download right here.